Tuesday 19 March 2013

Getting a car...


No, I’m not going to learn to drive although most people around my age have got a license. I can’t completely discount it because you don’t know what the future holds but the way I drive my electric wheelchair proves that I am not ready. However, that doesn’t mean I can’t own a car. It may seem silly to buy a car that you won’t actually drive but I have a few Personal Assistants who take me out so it would be easier if I find a car which I can transfer in without problems. They all have cars but some are harder to get in and out of.

You might say just insure them on the adapted Volkswagen Caravelle but there are issues. Firstly, the insurance for additional drivers (on top of my parents) is astronomical and I refuse to pay for it.  Also, as you know, I’m working on my fitness and trying to build up my upper body strength so I am mostly using my manual wheelchair when I go out. Thirdly, when I go on long distance journeys like Swansea on Friday, I’m not comfortable in my wheelchair so transfer to a normal seat. But, I prefer transferring into a small car rather than struggling into the large, cumbersome VW.

The next thing I have to do is visit showrooms and take test drives to see if  it fits my specific criteria. It needs: 4 doors in case I need to get in the back, a fair sized boot to put my wheelchair in, decent speakers for my Glee CD’s and a fuel efficient engines because I don’t want to feed the Oil barons (unless they buy Arsenal out). I’ve had a few ideas like a Suzuki Swift or Seat Ibiza but I’m only go on looks at the moment, I don’t know what the inside is like.

Sticking to the automobile theme, I want the amount of votes to keep driving up. I got a few more votes today and thank you very much. But, as always, don’t stop so here’s the link: http://www.bigblogexchange.org/blog/72005 Please tweet it or Facebook it or even ask people in real life. Do anything to help me out please. 187 is the total today so I didn’t reach  the 200 target I set yesterday. Disappointed.

Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment