Saturday 6 April 2013

I Warner go again…


Yesterday, I went to the Warner Bros. studio in Leavesden to take a tour and see the Making Of Harry Potter. Hence the creative title of today’s post. You shouldn’t really laugh at your own jokes but it’s a clever play on words and quite witty if I do say so myself. That is why my blog was late last night (if you missed it, which you probably did, go back and read it) because I needed to absorb and reflect on my brilliant day. I know I always moan about people thinking I’m a ‘special child’ but I do give them ammunition by being a big kid when it comes to Harry Potter.

I’m not a Potter Head or whatever they call themselves because I didn’t dress up (much to my 34 year old sisters disgust) but as I’ve already made clear, I did enjoy myself immensely. Young kids dressed up as little wizards were adorable but the adults who cannot seem to distinguish between fantasy and reality are quite frankly sad. The reason I had so much fun was because the story (and that’s what it is at the end of the day) has been a huge part of my life growing up. The book was the first proper novel I read. I also recall listening to the tapes in my room, narrated by Stephen Fry. Priceless memories that flooded back.

I don’t really have an overall favourite part of the tour because, without sounding clichĂ©, all of it was great. The first came out back in 2001 when I was 7 and I watched all eight films, the last of which came out a decade later in 2011. It may have been shortly before my 18th Birthday but I still loved it, just as much as I did back then. So, seeing the sets from Dumbledore’s office to Diagon Alley, the Great Hall to Privet Drive was amazing yet so surreal. I stopped and read every bit of information, which may sound nerdy, but I certainly got my monies worth.

Heads up if you read, like the sound of it and decide to book up. Firstly, take your time and make sure you don’t miss anything. I don’t really see the point in taking millions of photos and filming everything because you might miss something with your eyes. However, there are a few picture opportunities that shouldn’t be missed. I have uploaded a few that I took especially for your consumption. Thinking about it, the actual highlight was leaving my business card on the door at number 3 Privet Drive and watched from a distance as a confused little boy called out to his sister “what’s this?”

If you live outside the U.K., it’s definitely worth a visit. The tour was full of tourists and I think they do buses from London. The bonus is you can come and visit me while you’re over.

Hello to any new readers who saw the link to this blog on my card and feel free to go back and read my past posts. I know we’ve just met and this is crazy but here’s a link: http://www.bigblogexchange.org/blog/72005, so vote for me please. I am in a blogging competition and my lovely readers have already got me 324 but need more as it’s closing soon. I was going to say get your wand out for me but that could be misconstrued.

Bye for now!









No comments:

Post a Comment