Tuesday 23 April 2013

A distant target…


I’m probably going to regret saying this but it is something I want to do: The London Marathon. It may not be next year but it is a definite aim for me at one point in the future. As you all know, I have been working on my fitness but I need something to keep me motivated. This a massive statement because I am in no means ready, I haven’t even completed a mile let alone 26, but my motto in life is ‘anything is possible’ (except walking, that ship has sailed). Even if it takes a few days (which is quite likely), it would be one of them life achievements, alongside my Skydive, that I can be proud of forever.

Before I can even start contemplating doing a marathon, I seriously have to get a sporty manual wheelchair. The NHS one is simply not good enough and isn’t built for speed. I have seen light ones that may help or my dad suggested like a hand-bike one. Either way, I’ll have to think about how to raise funds because the wheelchair services won’t give me a decent one and as I’ve explained previously, most charities that purchase mobility equipment are for children. You can be sure that a chair will not be cheap; nothing ever is under the disability umbrella.

Only then, will I know whether this idea is terrible or if I actually will be able to do it. It’s one of those things that you think is a great idea before realising how hard it will be. However, I’m more than willing to accept the challenge to show that people can really do anything if they put their mind to it. In the meantime, I’ll have to continue to lose more weight. The lighter I am, the easier the task will be surely. I’ll also have to keep building my muscles so that I have the strength and stamina to go all the way (not in that way you pervs).

Thank you for all the votes on the Big Blog Exchange. The live draw to see if I am chosen as 1 of the 16 is next Monday. Can you do me another favour and vote for my freind Scarlett in the Company blog awards 2013. I am indebted to Scarlett because she told me about the BBXwhich I've enjoyed taking part in. I've gained more readers and met some fellow bloggers along the way. Here's the link: http://www.company.co.uk/company-blog-awards-2013-with-new-look Scarlett London is under the fashion category.

Bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for my little mention and for encouraging people to vote for me! I really appreciate it :) I am off to the awards ceremony at the end of the month and I'm so nervous! I feel like I haven't caught up on your blog for ages (really it's just been a week). But it means I've got loads of new posts to read today - yay! Hope you're well! Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problems-hope you win. Oh, how exciting for you ;) x

      Delete