Wednesday 22 January 2014

Get Better...

The irony that the tickets say 'Standing'...
Probably the best (in my eyes) birthday present that I received for my 20th arrived in the post earlier today. Tickets to see Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip in Camden a week on Monday, I'm unbelievably excited as I have been desperate to see the pair perform live for years and now the time has come so I hope it's not disappointing.

Just to clarify, for any of my readers who are not cool enough, Dan Le Sac and Scroobius Pip are not boxers as the 'vs' might suggest. Dan lays down the beats and Scroobius raps his genius lyrics. Together they form a unique and dynamic hip-hop duo, producing music that i cannot get enough of.

My favourite track is 'Get Better' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEitrZU-nCw) because not only is it a toetapper but it's a great example of how Scroobius harnesses the power of language to deliver a clear and strong message, just like I aim to do with this blog. I only wish I was as talented and could reach the amount of people his songs do. I'd love to write a song based on the struggles of a disabled person but song writing is actually harder than it looks. I've tried.

Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment