Tuesday 13 November 2012

In need of experience...


So, I’ve been at University for nearly two months. All I hear from family, friends, lectures etc. is that it is no good just having a degree, I need to go and get some work experience. I completely agree with them. So many people are attending higher education (even with ridiculous £27 000 fees) and I need to do extra in order to stand out.  Over the past few days, I have been working on my CV and cover letters for various placements.

Just as I was beginning to think I’d have to wait for the New Year, I received an e-mail from Ann Maine MP asking if I was available in early December for some work experience. I know that it’s going against the Shorey being associated with the Conservative Party but this is an exciting opportunity and one I’d be daft to miss. I’ve met her before and she is a really genuine politician who speaks openly which I like. Plus, it will surely stand out to employers.

I’m still on the look out for any interesting experiences and am actually midway through some applications so watch this space. If Soccer AM invited me to  join the crew for even a week, it would be a dream.

Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment