Tuesday 5 February 2013

Tee total...


At the grand old age of 19, I’ve decided to give up drinking. Well, I haven’t made a conscious choice. I just don’t feel the need anymore. I can’t remember the last time alcohol passed my lips. I think it was some time in December, before the Christmas break. I used to drink for confidence when I went out but like I said yesterday, it’s all in the mind so there’s no need.

Also, alcohol doesn’t really mix with my body if you get the picture (without being graphic). The last time I drunk (only a little), I was chatting to a girl (which is a rarity) but I mucked it up because I didn’t listen to her. All I was thinking was “don’t be sick all over her”. Luckily, I didn’t but by the time I felt better, she’d long gone. So, I think it’s for the best if I steer clear of the liquid poison.

There have been plenty of opportunities to drink. During the Christmas break, to celebrate the birth of the true saviour (me, in case you weren’t aware), the ups and downs of supporting The Arsenal, leaving University and most recently, my cousin’s wedding at the weekend. But I haven’t.

It’s perfectly fine if you drink but I’m not ashamed to say I don’t. Peer pressure used to be a big thing but now I’m an adult, I’m quite happy being sober. I still have fun and that’s the main thing.

Instead of alcohol, I’m now getting wasted on water, which people close to me will know is quite an achievement for me.

Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment