Tuesday 12 February 2013

Big Blog Exchange...


Anything with the word ‘Big’ in it usually has positive connotations and this is no exception. I received an e-mail today from my friend Scarlett in response to my blog yesterday. I like getting responses to what I write, means I’ve touched somebody. Anyway, she read about how desperate I am to travel abroad but how the price (let’s call it a disability tax) hinders me. She told me about this project she’s involved in called the ‘Big Blog Exchange’, which is basically a competition where 16 people are chosen to swap places and blog from a different parts of the world, all expenses paid.

The format is sort of like ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ because it involves votes but is ultimately down to a judging panel to pick the final 16. The site doesn’t go live until March 1st but I wanted to warn you that I’ll be pestering you all to vote so I get into the top 100 and am in contention for the shortlist. Here is the site in case I didn’t explain it too well: http://www.bigblogexchange.org

As soon as I read about this exciting opportunity, my eyes lit up. Obviously, being able to go abroad without worrying about the cost is a great relief but this is exactly what I have always wanted since I began my blog last year. I want to change people’s mind-set when it comes to disability and I’ve hopefully done that with some of you who read this regularly. But more exposure and taking it international will only assist in spreading the word of ‘Wheelchair Boy’. I want to change the world for the better, even if it is only minimal.

I'll remind you to cast that all important vote in a few weeks. But remember to spread the word as every little helps. #BigBlogX #TAOWB

Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment