Wednesday 5 February 2014

State of Access…

Live music has been a common theme on this blog, whether it is my exploits at the Olympic Park during the Wireless festival or the various problems I faced when I went to see Craig David down in Southampton. A lot of the time, access to gigs is not plain sailing as it was at Koko on Monday night. My brother sent me a link highlighting the many issues disabled fans face when trying to attend concerts/festivals after reading yesterday’s post (proof he reads and cares about the points I make).

I do this a lot now but I thought it had some interesting statistics so here’s the link: http://attitudeiseverything.org.uk/resources/publications/state-of-access-report-2014 You can download the full report but the text and diagrams basically summarize the main findings.

I’ll write a proper post tomorrow but that gives you something to peruse over tonight while drinking a glass of wine or whatever people do after a long hard day at work. I don’t know because I’m a scrounger and contribute nothing to society (that was a joke by the way. I contribute aesthetically with my good looks and toned Adonis).

Bye for now!


2 comments:

  1. your blog is so good - its an inspiration! I really enjoy reading it - I am currently on the search for access lifts - but I couldn't resist stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for taking the time to read my blog. good luck in your search for lifts

    ReplyDelete