Wednesday 12 February 2014

Loner day…

Everywhere I look is a reminder that Friday is the 14th of February A.K.A Valentines Day. The yearly confirmation that I am still a loser without a girlfriend. It has always been the case so I’ve grown used to the idea of being in the Bachelor Club forever but the whole celebratory day of love being shoved down our throats is especially hard for a single person to swallow. The media and commercial companies make out that you’re life is tragic if you don’t have a partner. Mine is…but that’s the way I like it.

The worst part is when people, normally in a relationship, tell you that there is someone out there for everyone. It’s like me smugly saying to an Arsenal fan, you’ll get a season ticket one day if you want it badly enough. I’ve had enough heartbreak in my 20 years (OK, I wasn’t chasing after girls when I was five years old but you get my point) to know that life does not pan out like a RomCom and the whole concept of destiny is rubbish. Anyway, the world is a big place so my soul mate could live the other side of the globe and I haven’t even travelled out of Europe.

However, I’m not to going to dwell in self-pity come Friday because I’ve got a plan that you will all be jealous of. It basically involves a tub of Häagen-Dazs, a solitary spoon, a fridge full of chocolate and a box set of Glee. My night is sorted. Who needs women?

I might have these for dinner...



Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment