Thursday 22 August 2013

Keep on running…


Right, I’m back to the stage where I’m struggling to think of anything interesting to write about because lately, I haven’t been out much so nothing has really bothered me or been a huge problem. So, I thought I’d give a quick update on how my marathon training is going. All I can say is I’m glad I gave myself two years preparation time back in April (I plan to enter the 2015 London Marathon) because although I have got stronger over the past five months, it is a gradual process. Going from always using an electric wheelchair to pushing myself 26 miles will take time but it is possible.

My muscles are not gigantic by any means but the visible change in my upper body is noticeable if you compare me to the boy I was a few months. I certainly look like a man in that respect (although I haven’t got rid of the belly and man boobs yet). As well as bulking up, I feel a lot stronger and able to do more for myself. This has been particularly noticeable transferring into the car as I am able to support my body weight and move across with relative ease.

My schedule is basically going to the gym three or four times per week, which is more than enough at the moment. If you’re interested, I use the chest press, overhead press, lat pull, seated row and hand cycle. They’re enough to make me sweat and leave my body aching, which means the machines are having their desired affect. I will go more nearer the time but like I said, still a year and a half until I need to be ready. I still need to sort out a wheelchair but that’s a whole different story.

Going off the track slightly (an exercise related joke in case no one got it) but I’ve been on a bit of an emotional rollercoaster this week thanks to Arsenal. From the humiliating defeat against Aston Villa on Saturday to the euphoria I felt last night when we played Fenerbache off the park and ran out 3-0 victors.  The contrasting results have left me perplexed to say the least but I have collected my thoughts and written a post about how I feel at the moment. Please click the link and read if you like football. If not, please share the blog with any fans that are interested in the beautiful game: http://fansviewpoint.com/tick-tock/

Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment