Tuesday 18 December 2012

Next year...


Journalism is one of those professions where it’s not necessarily about what you know but who you know. Of course, you have to be talented but making connections and building a network of contacts is a key aspect. I’m not amazing at doing this at the moment but I’m working on my confidence. However, my dad is doing a wonderful job on my behalf.

First, he put me in touch with Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson who, as regular readers will know, I had the pleasure to meet up with at Westminster the other week. I now hopefully have a great contact who said I can do Work Experience with her one day.

The next famous person my dad had in his taxi was esteemed financial journalist Martin Lewis who said that I should do work experience with moneysavingexpert.com next summer, So, my dad rung me and I immediately e-mailed them to accept the offer. He told me I should contact them in May to confirm dates.

There’s also a ‘Live Reporting’ weekend at Brunel in January so 2013 looks like an exciting year. Let’s just hope that the world doesn’t end on Friday because I have big plans.

Also, Arsenal won 5-2 so the title is back on. We’re going to win the league! And now you’re going to believe us…

THAT IS A JOKE BY THE WAY!

Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment