Friday 14 March 2014

Meeting the stars…

As I briefly mentioned in last night’s post, I went to Madame Tussauds on Wednesday. We had complimentary tickets given to us by Thorpe Park following my negative experience back in October. However, they run out at the end of this month and we didn’t want to waste them, even if they were free. So, after a successful train journey (I’ll post about it soon) to St. Pancras and quick taxi ride to Marylebone Road, it was time to enter the world famous wax museum.  I’ve been desperate to visit all my life but haven’t managed to. The wait was definitely worth it.

Seeing pictures of the models doesn’t do them justice. Most of them are incredibly accurate and look so real. I’ve never met most of the celebrities but I was concerned that it was the real person who was going to jump out. Luckily no one was real otherwise I might have had to get changed. As well as taking loads of photos (some were rude), I decided to make some wax hands in the shape of 2-0 as a nod to Theo Walcott’s gesture towards Tottenham fans back in early January. Trust me to shoehorn something Arsenal related into the day.

Access wise. I had no problems. The lifts were all working and the staff bent over backwards to help us.  That’s important to me because if there were issues, I would have enjoyed my time less. The only part I could not access was a slow moving ride but I don’t think I missed out on much.

I have selected a few photos, which will hopefully give you a taste of the brilliant day I had. If you haven’t been before, I’d recommend going, as it’s the original and by far the best. I’ve been to Louis Tussauds in Blackpool before (taken over by Madame Tussauds now) but that was atrocious by comparison. I saw a few dodgy models such as the Robbie Williams one but overall, the museum of famous people is a great way to spend a few hours in London.


Bye for now!

David Cameron has got such a punchable face...
Had to cup golden balls...
The names Boy, Wheelchair Boy,,,
The rumours are true...

No comments:

Post a Comment