Thursday 13 March 2014

Almost 6 hours later…

I’ve had a busy couple of days for one reason or another (hence the lack of posts recently) so I thought I’d explain what has been going on in the life of ‘Wheelchair Boy’. I’ll start with my trip to the Heart Hospital on Tuesday. At the end of January, I had a 72-hour ECG and I was simply going to see if the doctor had any concerns arising from the results. However, my appointment was at 11.15 and even though we arrived half an hour early, was not seen until 15.00.

The waiting around wasn’t due to a problem with my heart because I was fine thankfully. It was just because the NHS is clearly understaffed and cannot deal with the sheer number of patients. I had another ECG and Echo before seeing the doctor. Both tests are pretty simple and should be done within half an hour. We waited around for ages though as the tests were done separately. I’m sure some people were seen who arrived after us but I couldn’t be bothered to kick up a fuss.

After all that, we went up to the main clinic waiting room where we sat patiently (no pun intended) for another couple of hours. Luckily I had my iPad and phone with me so wasn’t totally bored. When I was called in, it wasn’t the main doctor. Instead, a doctor and trainee from his team. Always a good sign as it means my tests results did not raise any worrying issues. She told me I was stable, booked me in for next year (all being well) and dismissed me. Yes, we waited all that time for a brief conversation but she gave positive news regarding my condition so I was happy.

We left the hospital at 15.30 so by the time I got home, had dinner and wrote a post for my football blog, it was time for the Arsenal on the T.V. Yesterday was another long day which prevented me from writing a post but I’ll tell you all about my exciting trip to Madame Tussauds tomorrow.

Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment