Monday 24 March 2014

A second season ticket…

As you all know, summer is a very boring time of the year for me. Don’t get me wrong, I love the weather (something dreamy about a blue sky) but my life becomes directionless in the off-season. That’s not an overdramatic statement because at the moment, my calendar and everything I do revolve around the fixtures. When the football comes to an end in May, I will have nothing to do or look forward to. Last year, I passed the time by going to Borehamwood and watching the Arsenal Ladies from time to time, which I enjoyed very much.

Entry is only a fiver or something ridiculous but I discovered that a season ticket is only £17.50 for concessions so I figured I might as well get one. This includes all home league games as well as cup ones so it’s great value for money The first match I’m going to is the Champions League Quarter Final second leg against Birmingham City (I’m watching the first leg as I write this) on Sunday. This means the season does over-lap with the men but luckily enough, the fixtures don’t clash so I will be able to attend both, like this weekend.

So, that’s two season tickets for me meaning that I’ll be going to see Arsenal all year round. That is the life! I just hope it is a good summer weather wise as there is nothing better than watching football in brilliant sunshine. I also hope Arsenal Ladies are successful this year. They have been the best for nearly all of my life but didn’t win the title in 2013 (won the cup double mind). Sadly, quite a few of my favourite players have left so it will be difficult. Hopefully though, they’ll give me something to celebrate this year should the men fail over the next couple of months.

Bye for now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment