Wednesday 26 August 2015

Writing partner WANTED...

I was going to simply put 'Partner WANTED...' but I realised that would suggest this post was about my (non-existent) love life when in actual fact it's about getting all my ideas down on paper. Basically, I have a bunch of cool ideas for potential TV shows but struggle to turn the initial thoughts into scripts. Take this comedy I have been working on intermittently for two years. I have all the plot lines mapped out in my head but when it comes to sitting down at the computer and opening the document, something comes over me. I thought it was just me being stupid but then I thought of great comedies I love such as The Inbetweeners and Extras; both had two writers and it makes perfect sense. You can bounce ideas off a co-writer and run things past them so that you don't end up going insane or with a script that no one else likes.

So if you fancy doing some writing with me, please get in touch. We could be the next Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant. You'll need to wear glasses and be tall as I'm obviously the slightly chubby one in this analogy. But seriously, I am looking for someone with a similar writing style to me (surely I can't be that unique) otherwise we will want to take the script off in completely different directions. Like I said, I think my ideas are genius but I struggle to convert what is in my head into a decent screenplay. I've not just got this sitcom in mind, I also have thought about doing a few dramas. On my 'to do' list, I have a few potential programme names but I really do not think I will ever get around to ticking them off on my own.

I know this post has been like some weird lonely hearts advert where instead of looking for romance, I have put the feelers out for an intelligent person who is interested in writing and has a GSOH. However, I haven't really done much lately apart from the football because the weather has been horrible and I do not like going out in the courtesy car (as I mentioned in last week's post). Hopefully though, my Venga will be back tomorrow.

Please pass this post on to anyone who might be interested in winning a BAFTA ;)

Bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could help! Just think you need someone you could meet up with regularly! Not sure Merchant and Gervais do their writing without actually getting together! Good luck! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks-you're probably right.

    ReplyDelete