Thursday 25 September 2014

Fame at last (sort of)…

I have mentioned on here before that I listen to Richard Bacon on the radio (some might say that’s quite sad). Believe it or not, I don’t have the time to listen to the live 2-hour afternoon show and download the Daily Bacon podcast to hear the best bits. Richard recorded his final podcast yesterday though and is now going to work predominantly in America so I’m going to have to find a new podcast to assist with my procrastination. He wanted us regular listeners to e-mail in before the final programme so I decided to send a brief message in.

What I wrote was quite cringe worthy (you can listen below) but Richard read out my letter on the penultimate Daily Bacon thus illustrating that flattery and brownnosing does indeed work. You know what I’m like when it comes to promoting the blog so I mentioned the site in case anyone heard and was interested. I haven’t got a flood of new readers yet as I was hoping but even if I have made one person less ignorant about disability, I’m happy. I doubt it but if Richard does read this, thank you for helping to spread the word of ‘Wheelchair Boy’,

Anyone who is new will look at my recent posts and think that I am an infrequent blogger. While this might be true of late, I normally attempt to write on here about 3 times a week (sometimes more) but learning to be a football coach, fulfilling other writing commitments and supporting the Arsenal means fitting in the blog is sometimes impossible. I’ve also been ill which limits my brainpower and makes my writing not up to the usual standard. Hopefully the book will make my absence worth it so be patient (very, next summer perhaps). 

To hear my E-Mail being read out, please click the link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/dailybacon) and skip to 29:30 on the podcast titled ‘Toby Jones’.


Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment