Friday 30 May 2014

Another parking issue...

I’ve spoke about parking with a Blue Badge on here before and mentioned the couple of tickets I’ve received as a result of the rules being unclear. These costly penalties have made me very cautious of where I park and because of my swivel out chair, it’s normally easier to use a designated disabled bay. There are a few dotted around St. Albans but nowhere near enough. The good thing is unless otherwise stated, there is no time limit on how long you can park so I don’t have to worry about getting back within three hours. However it is difficult to find disabled parking spaces, especially when they’re needlessly blocked.

I found this out to my annoyance last Friday evening when I went to see ‘Dreamboats and Petticoats’ at my local theatre. My carer and I wanted to have dinner before the show so overall, we would definitely take longet than 3 hours., I therefore knew from a previous experience that we couldn’t leave the car on double yellow lines outside as a traffic warden may give us a ticket after the time limit, even at a ridiculous time such as 8.30 at night. Not to worry though. There were 3 disabled bays around the corner (back of Alban Arena and council offices) where we could park for however long was necessary.

The only thing is because they are the main completely free bays in the City centre; they’re pretty much always filled. Normally by cars, not a HGV. When we went to see if one was available, it was clear that the answer was no because a huge ‘Paul Matthew International’ lorry was parked across the bays. As you can imagine, I was positively outraged and cannot repeat my obscene language (good job I write better than I speak). I mean why could the production trailer not be blocking the bays reserved for the mayor? I don’t think I’ve ever seen a car in that space.

I feel a letter coming on- a) if I get the time and b) if I can be bothered.


Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment