Monday 28 September 2015

Settling in my nest...

I cannot believe I have only been in this flat for a week and a half because already it feels like home. I have surprised myself how quickly I have settled in. Almost like I have been living here for years. I admit it feels surreal to be away from my parents but I am enjoying being a grown up and my new found freedom. It is nice to do simple things such as go to bed when I want (at home, carers would put me to bed at 10). Not only was the move positive for me on a personal level but it has helped to strengthen relationships with loved ones. Absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that jazz. Of course I was extremely apprehensive two Thursday's ago when I spent the first night here but them fears have now completely gone and I am now relaxed in my new surroundings.

My mum was (and still is) very anxious about me flying the nest but the thing is, I now talk to and spend quality time with my family more now I am out than I did when I was back at home. I have not just forgot my parents and visit quite regularly; not just to watch football or rugby matches, honestly. I have roast dinners as well. Seriously though, it's nice to see them properly because before I used to spend a lot of time in my room on the computer or PlayStation. At the same time, it's nice to retreat to my flat, which is calm and peaceful. Basically I have got the best of both worlds.

It felt like an eternity between the date I signed for the keys and when I was finally able to move in but it was certainly worth the wait in the end.

'Wheelchair Boy' is very happy in his new habitat!

Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment