Monday 4 August 2014

Got my tan on…

Being the vein metrosexual I am, having a decent tan in the summer is important to me. I realise that sentence is the most pathetic thing for thing for a man to say but hey ho. I am not afraid to say that I like to wear shorts and show my slightly cooked flesh off to the world because what’s the point otherwise? (It’s a bit like people who get tattoos on parts of their bodies that only their partner/s can see). That’s why when I heard the forecast of stormy weather in Tuscany; I was concerned that there would be no tan this year. However, it wasn’t as bad as first thought and I came away well toasted, albeit slightly burnt in patches.

We finally got to the villa at roughly 15.30 local time, almost six hours after touching down in Pisa. There were two reasons for this. Firstly, the idiotic taxi driver misunderstood what time to pick us up. Secondly, the village we were staying in was a two and half hour drive from the airport (it was the nearest one). By the time we did arrive, I was determined to make up for lost time sunbathing wise and get started on that tan. It was probably the hottest day of the whole week but I was disappointed at my lack of progress.

The forecast was constantly changing so there was meant to be one more sunny day before the storms and downpour would begin on the Monday. It looked as if I would have to take some drastic measures to get that tan I was after. I halved the factor of my sun cream from 30 to 15 (living on the edge or what?). It worked a treat though as I soon turned a nice brown colour. Luckily, the weather wasn’t consistent so after the storm on Monday, the sun came back and we were poolside again on Tuesday.

I somehow managed to burn my legs on the final day but it didn’t hurt that much and I was too pleased with my tan to care. I was especially happy as it was only sunny for four out of the seven days so I thought I done well to get a noticeable tan. It also makes me proud as so many people use spray-on tan or sunbeds and at least I can say mine is 100% authentic. Let’s just hope it lasts a while and all that effort (laying on the bed) was worthwhile.


Bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. I really lke your attitude towards life. a lot of people today lack it. Just because you needed to buy wheelchair to go from place to place doesn't make you any lesser than us. Keep it up Glen! Keep enjoying your life...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for the kind words : )

    ReplyDelete